Monday, May 15, 2017

Ready For Business Use

Hey all,

As promised, I'm still here doing this. New book out today, available on Amazon and included in the Kindle Unlimited Program!


Excerpt:
He asked, “So, how was your day?”
“Pretty great!” I replied enthusiastically. I stepped to the fridge and pulled out a beer for him. As I poured it into a glass for him, I added, “Spent most of the day with that fitness program.”
“How far are you in it?” Ken asked.
“Tomorrow’s lesson is hypnosis!” I said. It felt a little funny saying it out loud, but I couldn’t help but look forward to it. I set the mug in front of Ken and asked, “Anything else, dear?”
“Hazel,” Ken asked firmly, “Would you mind taking off the apron and bra while you eat, so I can have a better look at your chest?”
Take Off My Apron And Bra.
Ken was so sweet, wanting the view while he ate. Besides, I didn’t need to wear a bib. I agreed happily, “Yes, dear.”
As I peeled out of it, Ken asked, “So, hypnosis? How do you feel about that?”
“It’s weird,” I said, “I mean, you think about that, you mostly think about people clucking like chickens or something, right?” I set my clothes on a spare chair, then got my own plate. 
“Right,” Ken agreed, digging into his food. He raised a bite to his lips, but before he took it, he asked, “But it’s not, is it? I’m not going to come home to you clucking like a chicken?”
I poured myself a glass of wine and took a seat across from him, keenly aware of his gaze on me. The attention was nice. I shook my head and said, “No, it’s not about making me do funny stuff, it’s just about relieving tension and anxiety. Like guided meditation or something. I’ll just be calmer and happier.”
“So you’re not worried about being, like, programmed to do a bunch of extra sit-ups or something?” Ken asked, clearly joking.
Mind Control Isn’t Real.
The thought was immediate, almost reflexive. It was also completely true. I shook my head and giggled, “That’s silly. Mind control isn’t real. Hypnosis is perfectly natural and safe. You must know that, I mean, you’re involved in the product launch.”
Hope you all like it. I'm off to start something new ASAP, maybe play with the format a little. :)

5 comments:

  1. I want to read this, but I'm not sure if I like the idea of Amazon knowing about this particular portion of my life. Who knows what it'll start recommending to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... could be good or bad, I suppose? I publish stories there, but I also don't share this account with any family or anything like that.

    (I appreciate the feedback about this issue though, thanks for taking the time.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am, for the record, not 100% sold on KU vs. Smashwords - I'll be looking at both how the checks look, and listening to any fans who have an opinion one way or the other. Worst case, I can always put stuff on Smashwords from time to time to give people a chance to buy it away from Amazon's all seeing, Sauron-like gaze. ;)

    (What I really need to do to facilitate that is a mailing list so people could follow that sort of shenanigans - I've been pretty leery of social media presence for this line of work, but I'm not sure I can afford to let it slide much longer.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I really enjoyed this story! It was definitely a lot tighter than Beta Tested 2. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I really had fun writing this one. :)

    ReplyDelete