Sunday, March 10, 2013

It is a mystery...


Here's my latest work. It's the story of a girl who is hypnotized by a man online who compels her to meet him at a local motel wearing nothing but her panties, a bra and a blindfold. His identity isn't revealed until the very end of the story, leaving her in the dark for her very first time with a man.

Here's a brief excerpt:
It was a dark and stormy night. Rain hammered against the windshield of my beat up old brown Camry, and blew sideways in the beams cast by my headlights.
Fortunately, the drive to the local Motel 6 wasn’t too complicated, and the section of highway between it and my house was deserted. I took the exit and double checked the intersection before pulling onto 1st Street. Then I took a left and pulled into the parking lot. It was almost empty: just a handful of cars and two semis for the whole place. I shut the engine off, flipped up the hood on my jacket, and sat there a minute, pulling out my phone. The time read 8:19. My car’s clock was seven minutes fast, but I never remembered to fix it until I turned it off.
I wondered if I could still turn around and head back home. All I really needed to do was turn the engine back on and pull back out. Except that my parents thought I was over at my friend Maggie’s house for the night. Maggie thought I was going home, and so it wouldn’t be too hard for someone to put two and two together. I was twenty years old, but it didn’t seem to keep everyone out of my business.
And, of course, I’d probably never be asked to come out here again. He’d think I was chicken. Maybe he’d find some other girl.
I couldn’t risk that.
With great effort, I put the phone away and pulled the car keys out of the ignition. They felt as heavy as a ton of bricks, and my hand was a little shaky, but I managed to get them in my pocket.
Then I grabbed my overnight bag, opened the door and slipped out into the rain. I wanted to jog to keep from getting drenched, but it was all I could do to make myself put one foot in front of another.
The night manager’s unflappable boredom was a fascinating contrast with my own nerves: she barely even spared me a glance when I offered her cash for the room, and gave me a laconic, “Sure,” when I told her a man would be coming by for a second room key shortly. Afterward, she returned to her book like I wasn’t there at all. I guess she’d seen so many hookups she barely even noticed them anymore.
I wondered if anybody else had come here for a tryst like mine.
And yes, for those of you paying attention, I did always want to start an erotic short story with something from Bulwer-Lyton. It's important to have dreams. :)

The book is available for purchase at Smashwords and Amazon!

I hope everybody enjoys being in the dark a while.

I would also like to take a moment to thank you all for your continued support. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a job as much as I enjoy this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment