Sunday, September 29, 2013

.. and my editor is back, safe and sound

So I just got my newest piece submitted for publication with the usual suspects.

Here it is:


And a small sample of the contents:
I was laying on my back, but I didn’t really know where. My body felt stiff, my mouth full of cotton. I opened my eyes to look around, but it was still dark.
No, that wasn’t quite right: I could feel a covering over my eyes, something soft, bound tight. Maybe a scarf. I wasn’t sure.
I tried to reach up and pull it away, but both my arms were tied down beside me. I got my arms a couple of inches up, but it was all I could manage. I tugged harder, but the straps bit into my wrists. I tried to move my legs, but they weren’t any better off. There were straps fastened around my ankles, and something looped around my neck.
Moving around, I could tell that was it. I was naked, apart from being trussed up like a Christmas ham.
My heart pounded… and then, Master’s voice whispered in my ear, “Autarchia and auscultation. Relax.”
The words were strangely familiar, but I had no idea what they might mean. It didn’t matter though: they felt like a key turning in a lock.
I relaxed instantly, letting myself lay limp in my bonds.
Master caressed my left side, His fingertips barely making contact with my skin. The touch raised goosebumps on my bare flesh, and sent a shiver down my spine. I wanted to lean into the touch, but I felt passive. Like I shouldn’t move unless He told me to.
It's already available on SmashwordsAmazon, and Barnes & Noble.

Hope you all enjoy it. :)

Meanwhile, I'm off to figure out what the next one will be, which is lots of fun.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe that you provided an excerpt, as if I needed any more reason to buy your books than I already have! You're a wonderful author of purple prose and I'm absolutely mad about your work! You've inspired me to work more on my own ideas, but sadly I don't have the wherewithal to finish them off, just lots of unfinished ideas!

    Anyway, it's an awesome book as always and I eagerly await your next book with baited breath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. I really appreciate your support, and I'm so glad you like my work! (That's my favorite thing about this whole endeavor: the idea that so many people have read and enjoyed things I dreamed up. Makes me wish I'd thrown in the towel on a day job a lot sooner. :) )

    About your own ideas... I know the feeling. It took a pretty big push to get me to actually finish one of these. Like so many things in life though, it was much easier after the first time. ;)

    (On a more serious note: never throw anything away. A lot of my most popular stories use pieces from unfinished work. Like, Conditioned to Serve began as something else entirely.)

    ReplyDelete