Saturday, February 16, 2013

Another brainwashing story


So, here's the latest story. It's the simple tale of an unemployed girl who receives a mysterious phone call that ultimately leads to her being bought by a billionaire, as his personal sex toy.

Here's a brief excerpt:
I looked into my fridge and frowned. There wasn’t much in there: a carton of milk of questionable age, a couple boxes of cold Chinese food and a half full jar of sliced pickles I didn’t remember buying. There were chocolate diet shakes in the cupboard, but I was tired of them.
Things had been tight, lately.
Seventy five seconds later, I sat down to breakfast: a cold glass of water and a piping hot bowl of chow mein. Two bites after that, my cell phone rang.
For a brief moment, I considered letting it go to voice mail. I didn’t have friends in town. On the other hand, it was possible that one of my resumes or head shots had panned out. With a soft sigh, I got up and fished my bright red phone out of my purse. I answered, “Rachel Cipriani. How can I help you?”
A series of tones played on the line. They were naggingly familiar. I straightened up, trying to remember where I’d heard them before.
“Override 4F:42:45:59,” a mechanically synthesized voice said, “Acknowledge.”
I stared forward, watching motes of dust dance in the narrow shafts of light slipping through the slats in my venetian blinds. I heard myself reply, in a flat monotone, “I obey.”
“You received a call from your agent,” the voice explained, “He sent a car for you. It will arrive in half an hour. You will shower. You will dress in red. You will wait at the curb. You will perform all tasks directed by the occupants. Acknowledge.”
The word ‘perform’ sent a little thrill down my spine. I heard myself parrot again, “I obey.”
The call disconnected and I smiled: my agent Todd had come through. I’d have a job today.
Things would be okay.
I stepped past my breakfast with a pang of regret, peeling off my shirt on the way to the shower.
I'm fond of this particular setting and feel, so if it turns out to be popular, I'll want to revisit it. (I was going for a sort of Dollhouse vibe, here.)


No comments:

Post a Comment