Thursday, April 21, 2016

Helping Harry Hustle: A First Date

Hi, everyone.

Well, things have been crazy around here, but I'm still back at work. I miss this place a lot when I can't be here. I'm hoping people like this story: tempted to write a sequel even if it doesn't catch on.



I looked at him and asked dully, “You got us a nice room, right?” 
“We’re going to be crashing someone’s party,” Harry said brightly, “But they won’t mind. And you’ll get to see how I bankroll my fun without stepping on the little guys.” 
“Right,” I nodded, starting to feel a little more awake. I paused a moment, then realization hit. I asked, “Do you rob from the rich and tip to the poor? Like a sort of half-assed Robin Hood?” 
“Ya got me,” he laughed again and admitted, “And in my defense, you never go the full Robin Hood. I could never pull off the tights, and the last time I held a bow and arrow I was lucky to figure out which way the pointy stick-thing went.” He patted my backside affectionately and added, “I’m impressed you’re that clever that fast, by the way. Not bad at all.” 
“Thanks,” I blushed. 
We exited the elevator and came to a door. No one else was in the hallway. He turned to me and said, “So, this will call for a lot more mojo than what I pulled at the front desk. I won’t just be sneaking into a room I don’t belong in, I’ll be talking big piles of cash out of people who don’t want to give it up. That’ll leave everybody in the room pretty fried, maybe even drooling by the time I’m done. I can inoculate you a bit first, but only by ordering you to pay attention. Like, a pre-dose of my power to keep you awake during the splashing.” 
I nodded and asked, “So… you’re telling me because this is the point of no return on this date? Like, if I step in there, I’m in for the duration?” 
“Yep,” Harry nodded and said, “This is the very last decision you get to make tonight, which is why I’m not messing with your brain. This once. What’ll it be?”

Hope you all like it. It'll be available in all the usual spots soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment