Monday, March 27, 2017

Beta Tested 2: Target Audience

Like I mentioned before, I enjoyed Beta Tested enough that I started work on a sequel immediately.


Excerpt:
“That’s right,” I agreed, “The game can’t control our minds.”
Even as I said it though, I wondered if that was necessarily true. The smoke was already clinging to the ground in our cell, but it didn’t smell the least bit sooty. It was more like someone had plopped us in a field of wildflowers in bloom, heady and sweet. I inhaled deeply, and my chest felt warm. My body began to relax again, taking on the heavy drowsiness I had felt when we first logged in. My arousal hadn’t dipped at all either. 
The game was certainly affecting my body.
Jenny voiced that thought. She wriggled a little, getting comfortable in the corner of the cell and asked, “But why not? It’s putting images and sounds and smells right in our heads.” She took a deep breath for emphasis and asked, “What’s the difference between putting in the idea of a smell, and the idea of kneeling?”
Kneeling.
Just the mention of it made me want to get on my knees. I wondered dully if she might not be right.
“Like brainwashing?” Nate asked. His tone was skeptical, but his voice was dull too. Whatever the smoke was, it was definitely affecting all of us, not just me.
“Mm,” I agreed, “I know it isn’t, but I can imagine it. Maybe not like…” I paused, finding it difficult to express my thoughts verbally, “… not like thoughts right in our heads, but training us by making us feel things. Experience things.”
I was starting to feel uncomfortably warm, even in my new and low-cut clothes. I unfastened the bustier idly, letting it slip open. 
Nate protested weakly, “That’s still not mind control though. The game can’t control our minds. It can’t do any real harm.”
Can’t Control Our Minds.
Can’t Do Any Real Harm.
That was all true. I definitely wanted to strip and kneel of my own free will.
As the excerpt indicates, it's an indirect sequel - this is the self-contained story of four gamers who play Lost Skeloath after its release.

It's available on Smashwords already, soon to be on Amazon and Nook. Hope you all enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment